Advice is free, and we get what we pay for. So with that in mind, I would love to give some advice.
1. Nothing good happens after midnight. This may be easy for me to say since I’m not a night owl. However, there is a bit of truth to it.
2. Pay yourself, but don’t spend the money. I try to pay myself 10% of my earnings. I don’t always reach that goal, but I do put in what I can. The point is, put back as much as we can afford. Some people save for a rainy day, I save for the day stuff hits the fan.
3. Get a dash-cam for your car. Louisiana is a “No Fault” state. If someone cuts me off, slams on their brakes, and I hit them, both drivers can be given a ticket; unless there is evidence showing that the other driver was a complete moron. This is also good for when the other driver wants to file a lawsuit.
4. Set in silence. Start each day in silence. Read, blog, sip coffee, do whatever but do it in silence. In the first two hours of my day I don’t say over 10 words. I don’t have any music on. I just listen to the silence while I do my morning routine. This has made me a happier person. I don’t know why, but it has.
5. Make your own chili. There are over 1,000 recipes for chili; in the end we are all making chili. Yes, this is a metaphor stating we should do things our way. Sure there are many more ways to do the same thing, and people are eager to let us know how they do it. In the end, we have our way of doing it.
6. Plant only good seeds; do only good deeds. Revenge is never a good thing. Revenge is still planting bad seeds, even if it is for a good cause. If we plant bad seeds, we will get bad crops. There is no way around this rule.
Well there you have it. Thanks for taking the time to read, and may we always live by the advice we give.